Quantcast
Custom Search
http://www.meebo.com/rooms
Get Your Hip Hop Buzz Here

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shaq Loses His Badge


The fallout from a controversial video showing Shaquille O’Neal mocking former Los Angeles Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant continues. It appears the latest consequence of O’Neal’s verbal tirade will cost him his law enforcement badge

O’Neal is a sort of honorary deputy in Maricopa County, Arizona but today Sheriff Joe Arpaio said O’Neal’s use of a racially derogatory word in a now infamous video will cost him his position. O’Neal will be stripped of his special deputy’s badge.

“I want his two badges back,” Arpaio told The Associated Press Tuesday. “Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they’re fired. I don’t condone this type of racial conduct.”

“Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I don’t think that either conduct should be out there publicly, even if media wasn’t there,” Arpaio said.

No comments: