Quantcast
Custom Search
http://www.meebo.com/rooms
Get Your Hip Hop Buzz Here

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who’s Hiding In Hip Hop??


While promoting his book, Hiding in Hip Hop in Detroit at the Black Pride - Hotter Than July event, Terrance Dean ran into Deelishis. He shares how their convo went down:

Well, me and Deelishus were introduced to one another. She notices my book and we got to talking about it. She was like, “Oh my God! We have to talk.”

“No problem,” I said.

“Okay, you know I used to date someone in the business, right?” She looks me in my eyes with her gorgeous smile.

I am definitely attracted to her. There is something about Deelishus that makes you feel welcoming. She is really beautiful with soft feminine features and a dynamic smile.

“Well, who are you talking about?” I asked already knowing who she was referring to. I really wanted her to say his name.

“He is a rapper,” she says coyly.

I get that she is not going to say his name. So I try a different approach.

“Did he used to have long hair?”

She thinks for a moment and then looks at me shocked. She nods her head and says, “Yeah.”

“What do you want to know?” I ask.

“I mean, do you know anything. I heard…” her voice trails off and she looks at me for some indication or confirmation.

“I know some things.”

“Oh my gosh!” Deelishus squeals. She puts her hand over her mouth.

“It’s no secret. We all know.”

“No, no, no,” She continues to squeal and backs away from me. She starts laughing. “Are you serious?”

But, before we could continue, one of the hosts of the party jumps between us to get his photo op on. Then a crowd swells around us. She keeps looking over at me and saying, “Terrance, we have to talk. Seriously we have to talk.”

I smiled at her and told her, “Yeah, we do.” I know she has some things she wants to share with me as well.

We didn’t get the chance to meet up later. Everyone was shoving and clamoring around her to get their pictures taken. I got caught up in some other people, I mean, other things. I am sure me and Deelishus’s paths will cross again.

A rapper who once had long hair that plays for the down-low team? This one’s a head scratcher (damn these freaking hints!!).

Source

No comments: