Quantcast
Custom Search
http://www.meebo.com/rooms
Get Your Hip Hop Buzz Here

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Feds cancel probe into Rev Al Sharpton's finances!


"Federal prosecutors have dropped their criminal investigation involving the finances of Al Sharpton.

Sharpton said he’d learned a lesson: “I have learned that everybody is not necessarily out to get you. And, I hope [prosecutors] have learned that everybody who questions the system is not trying to beat the system.”

Authorities were looking for tax fraud and probing allegations that Sharpton had extorted donations to his National Action Network from corporate sponsors by threatening to boycott them and their products.

Sharpton said that “was a total fabrication. Some of the companies called me, outraged.”

According to the reports, since the criminal case has ended, it has been turned over to the IRS to pursue civilly. The IRS is still calculating what it believes the organization owes in taxes. “I make money, so I can pay,” Sharpton said.


Sharpton recently told the N.Y. Daily News that he was invited to appear on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, as well as Donald Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice on NBC, but declined over the importance of the upcoming election. “This is a serious election. I don’t want to be dancing with the stars when I should be protecting the vote.” Concreteloop.com

No comments: